This option is for people who are at risk of losing the ability to speak due to medical conditions and who need to bank their voice for use in a communication device. Here’s what you will need to do:
- Register with us to create a secure account.
- Choose the recording method you want to use: MTVR (Windows only) or our web-based recording tool.
- If using MTVR, install it, go through the tutorial, and get set up to record.
- If using the web recorder, follow our interactive online training.
- Record 10 screening sentences, upload them to our server, and wait for an email from us.
- If everything is fine, we will provide instructions for moving on to step 4.
- If we see any problems, we can suggest ways to fix them and may ask you to repeat step 3.
- Record the full inventory of 1600 sentences and upload them to our server.
- Request your voice in a downloadable form for your computer, mobile device, or speech generating device.